On 01.05.2024 01:33, Mark Andrews wrote:

On 1 May 2024, at 03:32, Lee <ler...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 11:40 PM Walter H. wrote:
On 29.04.2024 22:19, Lee wrote:
On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 2:18 AM Walter H. via bind-users
<bind-users@lists.isc.org> wrote:

something that I replied to and got this in response:

Error Icon
  Message blocked
Your message to Walter.H@[..snip..] has been blocked. See technical
details below for more information.

The response from the remote server was:
554 5.7.1 : Client host rejected: Use IPv4

For explanation: this is MY mail server, which blocks IPv6 connections from

Outlook.com
Gmail.com

as these are the biggest SPAM senders
Which is fine .. your server, your rules.
But maybe what isn't so fine is me replying only to the list and still
getting a 'rejected: Use IPv4' msg.  I don't know how the mailing list
works; I'm a bit surprised that I can reply only to the list, get the
Client host rejected msg and somehow you can still get the msg??

there are 2 pair of shoes, mails from the list are not from Outlook.com or Gmail.com

but if you put my mail address to "To: ", then its from Gmail.com ;-)

This is
what happens when you put something into the rejection rules which has zero
relationship whether something is spam or ham.
depends ...
I just find it interesting that someone using mx01.ipv6help.de as a MX would be
so interested in punishing IPv6 use.

you are mixing up 2 independent things ...

IPv6 clients aren't blocked at all, just Outlook.com, Gmail.com, ...

that is the difference; just for Outlook.com the following fact is true but bullshit

# host -t MX outlook.com
outlook.com mail is handled by 5 outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com.
# host outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com
outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com has address 52.101.8.47
outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com has address 52.101.9.15
outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com has address 52.101.40.30
outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com has address 52.101.194.14
#

as you see no IPv6 at all;

why then the need of accepting their SPAM on IPv6 transport?