RE: [wg-c] Re: nine principles for domain names

At 08:04 AM 2/23/2000 -0800, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>Dave Said...
> >registry assert ownership  rights over the name, but that is not the
> >history of the DNS, nor is it an  appropriate model.
>
>That is your opinion. I, and many others, do not share it. Please stop
>presenting it as fact, as that is not constructive to the discussion.

If you are claiming that it IS in the history of the DNS, please document it.

If you are objecting to the latter clause, please state the basis for
declaring it unacceptable to have opinions stated, especially when in
response to a specific proposal.

Remember that I was responding to a proposal to have registries do the
choosing.  How is it "not constructive" to respond to that specific?

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA