Re: [wg-c] Re: nine principles for domain names

Philip,

Yes, they are tired.

But
(i) some wouldn't pass your tests
(ii) some have prior legal claim
(iii) your principles should provide testable hypotheses as to utility and
social value above pure ROI to the registrar or registrant to demonstrate any
point in having principles
(iii) very few people wanted many of them,

implying that despite, the graceless presentation, there may be something said
for mere demand-based grant à la Mueller, whilst retaining Dave Crocker's valid
and systematic points.

On the other hand that will conceivably give us lots of tlds like a teen
magazine's putative oyr dot.u14 or M. Buisson's dot.iq4bush, which really don't
make life better, clearer. or more interesting.  Even dot.yit for motivational
golf speakers. Unless the principles can determine something, paradise lost.

MM