RE: [wg-c] Cairo meeting?

> Correct, I do not agree.
>
> When there is no agenda at this late date, how can anyone be
> expected to make last-minute travel plans? Should one spend
> the effort and money on the presumption that there will be
> a reasonable agenda at attendance? I don't think so.
>
> When a meeting is held in a location such as Cairo, where the
> logistics for attendance are non-trivial, one would expect
> a greater amount of pre-planning and pre-publication of
> information. As is typical with ICANN, however, we not only
> do not have that, but they're late (again).

I think that this may be a first for WG-C, but I have to agree with Chris
on this one. While I fundamentally agree with the geographical diversity
requirements, to presume that the meatspace meetings should somehow
function as a qualifier for participation in these proceedings is just
wrong.

-RWR

Ross Wm. Rader                     http://www.domaindirect.com
Director, Assigned Names Division       http://www.opensrs.org
TUCOWS.com Inc.                     http://www.domainwatch.com
ross@tucows.com                    http://www.domainsurfer.com
t. (416) 531-2697 x 335                      f. (416) 531-5584