Re: [wg-c] new TLDs

The fact that we cannot do all at once does not mean that
a few limited ones aren't worth trying.  Although I'd use all lower
case (just for ease of typing), I think .GmbH is probably a good
experiment.

I do disagree with what I perceive to be Martin's approach to
selecting registries/registrars, which I take it to be to present a
total "bid package" in which the prospective registry would
pitch its best case for the right to have the TLD to ICANN through
some as yet undetermined process.  I think a more objective
selection process, such as auction or lottery, is probably better
at this stage and will minimize accusations of unfair conduct and
manipulation. (*Perception* of fairness is often as important as actual
fairness in securing buy-in, a point ICANN has consistently failed to grasp).

HArold