Re: [wg-c] Retraction of previous proposal

Mr. Connelly:

Robert F. Connelly wrote:

> Is there a sin in having an economic interest in anything?

Absolutely not. I'm sorry if you interpreted my message as being
critical of CORE or of your particular business's participation in
it. I see now that my phrasing lent itself to that.

The point was rather that your web site was making direct
statements about which gTLDs would be added to the root
and when. Since that is precisely what this WG is struggling to
decide, I was surprised and even a little alarmed.

ICANN and its DNSO are already suffering from charges
that they have a predetermined agenda. The statements on
your web site reinforce these kinds of fears. What was the
basis for these statements?

It should be clear from my posts on this list that I support
entrepreneurship on the Internet. I view Core as one of
many legitimate, competing registry/registrar consortia that could be
accommodated--along with many other ideas--if we get our
act together and create an open, accessible name space.

So let's stop re-fighting battles from 1997 and make it
happen.