[tz] NIST URLs for leap-seconds.list in leapseconds.awk

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jan 10 18:51:44 UTC 2024

On 2024-01-10 09:20, PoolMUC via tz wrote:

> However, at least for me, and at this time, the hostname ftp.nist.gov does not
> resolve. ftp.boulder.nist.gov does resolve.

Thanks for reporting that. ftp.nist.gov has been flaky for some time,
and I have the feeling that NIST hasn't wanted us to use it. Perhaps
their FTP servers were overloaded, perhaps they're trying to discourage
the use of FTP due to its security issues (but then why use FTP with
Boulder?), and perhaps they just want to get out of the leap second
business and let IERS deal with it.

Since the boulder URI is more reliable let's mention only it for the
NIST URIs. Proposed patch attached.