[tz] leap_second.list not updated after latest IERS Bulletin C

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Mon Dec 18 11:14:29 UTC 2023

Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 2023-12-15 01:31, Martin Burnicki wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure they have no problem making the file "public domain"
>> but the question arises as to what wording should be used to express
>> this in a way that will be accepted by the TZ DB project.
>> Has anyone ever suggested a formulation that meets the requirement of
>> the TZDB project, and told them why this was a requirement?
>
> Yes, I suggested some wording in an email archived here:
>
> https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2016-February/023214.html

I've just sent email to the IERS folks with your proposals, and also
some explanations why this is important.

So let's see what they reply.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Senior Software Engineer

MEINBERG Funkuhren GmbH & Co. KG
Email: martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Phone: +49 5281 9309-414
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinburnicki/

Lange Wand 9, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Amtsgericht Hannover 17HRA 100322
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Günter Meinberg, Werner Meinberg,
Andre Hartmann, Heiko Gerstung
Websites: https://www.meinberg.de  https://www.meinbergglobal.com