[apnic-announce] Second APNIC Member and Stakeholder Survey

[Note "reply-to:" field]

To whom it may concern,

This message is being sent to you as a member or stakeholder of APNIC, the
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre.

The APNIC Executive Council has recently commissioned a major survey of
APNIC's community, to be conducted by the major international Financial and
Consulting firm KPMG.

This, the Second APNIC Members and Stakeholders Survey, will involve
questionnaires and a series of direct consultation meetings to be held
throughout the Asia Pacific region.  Its aim is to widely canvas the views
and inputs of APNIC's community, and to contribute to APNIC's future
planning processes.

The APNIC EC strongly encourages the participation of all interested parties
in this important process.   For more information, please review the
background information below, and visit the survey website at
http://www.apnic.net/survey/2001

We thank you sincerely for your participation, which will help APNIC to
become a stronger and more effective organisation in future.

Best regards,

Che-Hoo Cheng, Chairman
Paul Wilson, Director General
APNIC.

---

Second APNIC Members and Stakeholders Survey

Background Information

APNIC, as a membership organisation, relies on community input in planning
our services, operations, and future developments. Given the fast pace of
change in the Asia-Pacific Internet environment, we need to undertake
frequent business and strategic planning, in order to fulfil the
expectations of APNIC members and of the wider Internet community.

Accordingly, the APNIC Executive Council (EC) has commissioned the second
ever formal survey of members and stakeholders, and we are especially
interested in your active contributions. As its highest priority, APNIC is
dedicated to serving the needs of our members and community, and your views
will provide the critical primary input into our planning processes in the
years ahead.

During the coming months, independent expert consultants Dr John Earls of
KPMG and Dr Tan Tin Wee of the National University of Singapore will be
travelling in the Asia Pacific region, undertaking direct consultations with
APNIC members and stakeholders. In addition they will also attend the APNIC
Open Policy meeting in August, and will arrange a similar schedule of
individual interviews and group consultations.

These meetings represent the primary opportunity for any interested party to
provide input into the survey. For those who cannot attend these
consultations, it will still be possible to contribute to the survey by
providing a written response to a questionnaire which will be released by
the consultants in the near future. Please note that the source of
individual responses and interviews will NOT be passed to APNIC, as we
believe that confidentiality of the process may improve the quality of

Another important aspect of this survey is that input will be possible to
participate in the Asia-Pacific language of your choosing, whether during
the in country meetings, or through written responses.

We expect that this survey will be complete in November 2001, with a report
from the consultants to the APNIC EC, who will then ensure that the
conclusions are used effectively.

Further details of this project are available on the APNIC website, at:

http://www.apnic.net/survey

In addition Dr Earls will contact you shortly with further details of the
consultation process and arrangements.

As an APNIC Member or interested stakeholder, you are cordially invited and
strongly encouraged to participate in this process. If you are not the
appropriate person to respond within your organisation would you please pass
this invitation on and ask the appropriate person to respond.

APNIC is confident that with the expertise of Dr Earls and Dr Tan and with
the particular methodology which has been chosen, we have a very valuable
opportunity to improve the quality of our planning processes and improve our
services to members.

Che-Hoo Cheng, Chairman
Paul Wilson, Director General
APNIC

*            APNIC-ANNOUNCE: Announcements concerning APNIC              *
* To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe" to apnic-announce-request at apnic dot net *