Root Zone Management
We are responsible for management of the DNS root zone. This role means assigning the operators of top-level domains, such as .uk and .com, and maintaining their technical and administrative details.
BrowseThe Root Zone Database contains the authoritative record of the operators of various top-level domains.
TLD operators can change their delegation details by submitting revised details using our online interface, or via the email template.
Policy, Procedures and Guides
- Domain Name System Structure and Delegation (RFC 1591, March 1994)
- Other procedures and guides...
DNSSEC Key Signing Key Information
Information regarding our role as operator of the Key Signing Key for the DNS Root Zone.
- Root Zone DNSSEC Trust Anchors
- KSK Ceremony Materials
- Polices and Procedures for Root Zone Key Management
- Trusted Community Representatives
- Third-Party Audit Certification
- Public Announcement Mailing List
- Project Archive
Archived project information relating to the initial launch of DNSSEC in the Root Zone, and the subsequent first KSK rollover.